Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

LITERAL
(a)  “I, Yesenia Martin, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”

(b) Manuel Martin, my mentor a sales representative for about 14 years.

(c) It is linked at the right side of my blog titled "Independent Component 2 log'

(d) I did my 30 hours for my independent component with my mentor. I spent most of that time going with my mentor to see clients about future purchases. I also had the chance to introduce a price list to a potential client who said was interested in doing business. I familiarized myself with the QuickBooks program as well as  different sets of price lists for different products. I got the chance to attend a business meeting with my mentor and his boss which led to a stop at the factory where they get their product (foam).

INTERPRETIVE 
This is where my mentor and the company he represents get there foam from.

A price list I helped my mentor create for a company he works for.

 

This is Ricardo, my mentors boss.


APPLIED
Independent component 2 helped me get a better understanding of customer service and foam itself. I saw the way my mentor treated and served his clients and it gave me a better understanding of how a sales representative should treat every client. I learned more about the kind of foams that are used in mattresses.My mentor taught me how to figure out how to price a certain foam depending on the thickness of it. The most popular foam used in mattresses in these time is usually memory foam due to it's softness that attracts most customers. It also helped me with my first answer as well regarding price lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment