Monday, April 28, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

(1) What is your essential question and answers?  What is your best answer and why?

EQ: What is the best way an independent contractor can maximize profit from selling foam?
Answer 1: Provide a good quality and competitive price list and present it with good service.
Answer 2: Make the focus of your work day maintaining  client relations.
Answer 3: Provide the highest quality foam the industry can manufacture.

My best answer is making the focus of your work day maintaining client relations because that is the first step to take when approaching a client with a product.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
 
Mentorship helped me understand the importance of having a good business relationship with clientele. I saw my mentor prove this answer to me when I went on rides with him to visit his clientele.
 
(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?
 
 I had trouble finding the second answer to my EQ. It took a lot of rides with my mentor to fully understand how a to keep and maintain a long term business relationship.
 
(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?
 
My mentor has to be the most significant source for my answer to my EQ because as I did my mentorship I witnessed him put my answers to use. Another source is the book How to Turn On the Pressure Without Turning Your Customer Off written by Robert L. Shook. The book gave me a lot of insight on how to approach a customer and how to maintain positive outlooks by providing outstanding customer service. It also talks about meeting clients for the first time and how first impressions can definitely be the last in this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment