Friday, May 23, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I am proud of my activities because it seemed like the class was able to understand what to do when I handed out the worksheets. I also think my powerpoint was useful and it was easy for the class to follow along.


 (2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

 I would give myself a solid P. I met talking time as well as activity time. My answers were brief but straight to the point.

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

 I would give myself a P. I have researched and done this project for 9 months and I learned so much. I put in a lot to understand the topic to the best of my ability.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

My mentorship worked the best for me because I actually saw my mentor apply my answers in a regular work day. I gained a lot of experience and knowledge of this project.

 (4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I would redo my ESA. I would also redo my exit interview and be more specific about my mentorship hours. For my final presentation I wish I would have extended my second activity a little more as well.

 (5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

Senior project actually gave me the opportunity to experience what it is like to be a sales representative. I had the opportunity to work with a program QuickBooks that many big companies use as a way to maintain order of what goes in and out of the company and if I do decide to pursue my career in sales I know this program will cross my path again. This project has also helped me extend my research a lot more. I started off with very basic and repetitive information and so I decided to research more intensively and specific idea of my topic. That led me to read books and do
interviews. I know that interviews will cross my path as well in my future and this project helped me ask open ended questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment