Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ

1. So far i've learned a better and more specific understanding of business and ways to be the best sales representative. Most of my research repeats the same ideas but this book "Sale Blazers" is really giving me a better idea of how to be physically and mentally ready to be the best sales representative.

2. In the book "Sale Blazers" the autor mentions that the best sales representative has to have great leadership skills as well as experience. When I researched articles about my topic it never mentioned experience nor leadership skills although it does make a lot of sense. The bok goes into detail about how being a leader can give you the convidence that you need to be a successful sales representative.

3. The research has definetly helped me a bit but so far my mentor has given me the best information. The research gives me information but not examples or scenarios like my mentor does.

4. So far what hasn't worked for me is articles for research. Everything I find online gives the same information that I already know.

5.
  • What qualities should one have to be a successful sales representative?
  • I would like to do ride alongs with my mentor to get the full experience of meeting clients.

2 comments:

  1. What do you think of this EQ? What best defines a successful (specific) sales representative?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will just find the same stuff online, but there have to be lots of trade mags for sales. Also, books. I know that there are lots of books by business leaders. I've seen one by the CEO of Starbucks. This might be something to ask Purther or Pittman about. Also, what exactly is leadership? I know it is an answer lots of sales/management books give, but you will have to define that further.

    ReplyDelete