Monday, September 30, 2013

Independent Sales

As I do more and more research on my topic I seem to be getting the same information. So I decided to do more open research to get more useful information on the types of reps that are in the industry. I know I want to do sales but I didn't make up my mind to focus on independent sales till now. An independent sales representative sells products or services to a client for a certain company. Usually an independent rep represents multiple products or services to manufacturers. This kind of representative works on a commission basis so usually they get no regular salary. The success relies on how well the product is represented and sold.

This makes my topic much more interesting and easier because when I first started I was all over the place. As for a specfic product that I would be interested in selling, I havent figured that out yet. But for the most part I now know where to start looking for the useful information i've been looking for.

1 comment:

  1. Would this be like selling Avon? I'd really like to hear about some examples of this type of work.

    ReplyDelete