Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

LITERAL
(a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”


I Yesenia Martin, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component



My mentor Manuel Martin was my mentor through these 30 hours. He helped me understand how important it is to show consistency with your clients. He also showed me how to impress and get the attention of client to buy the product you are offering. My mentor also helped me understand how the measurements of foam are taken and how to figure out the exact price of the foam that is being sold.



(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.





  • (d) Explanation of what you completed.    


  • My mentor took me for ride alongs with him to visit clients as well as put me behind a computer making price lists and invoices. He also had me do a lot of hands on stuff with the actual product (foam). I had to cut cardboard templates out to the precise measurements that the clients asked for so that the employees in the back knew where exactly to cut the foam. I also helped design an easier form of a price list that is easier to understand. He introduced the template of the price list I helped him make to a Las Vegas Market convention.

  • INTERPRETIVE 
    Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  







  • APPLIED
    How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.

  • At first when I did my 10 hours for my summer mentorship I really couldn't picture the things my mentor would explain and since I started my 30 hours I actually got a chance to do all of the things my mentor would talk to me about. It really helped actually see and experience all the things I was told about the sales industry especially all the things I read.

    1 comment: